EVENT OVERVIEW: Chef Curtis Stone will be In Conversation with Vivien Jennings, Founder & President of Rainy Day Books, Inc., to discuss his New Cookbook What's for Dinner?: Delicious Recipes for a Busy Life followed by a Booksigning.
Co-Sponsored by Rainy Day Books and Pryde's Kitchen & Home.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: Chef Curtis Stone is the author of four Cookbooks and host of Top Chef Masters on Bravo. He is also the creator of Kitchen Solutions, a sleek line of cookware sold in retailers worldwide, and writes a monthly column for Men’s Fitness. Born in Melbourne, Australia, Curtis honed his skills in London at Café Royal, under legendary three-star Michelin chef Marco Pierre White, and at Mirabelle and the revered Quo Vadis. He lives in Los Angeles with his family.
ABOUT THE NEW BOOK: Celebrity Chef Curtis Stone, host of Bravo’s hugely popular series Top Chef Masters, knows life can get a little crazy. But as a new Dad, he also believes that sitting down to a home-cooked meal with Family & Friends is one of life’s greatest gifts. In his fifth Cookbook, Curtis offers both novice cooks and seasoned Chefs mouthwatering recipes and easy-to-make meals for every night of the Week. And he breaks them down into seven simple categories:
• Motivating Mondays: Healthy meals that start the week off right with Fennel-Roasted Chicken and Winter Squash with Endive-Apple Salad; Grilled Shrimp and Rice Noodle Salad
• Time-Saving Tuesdays: Quick and easy recipes for simple meals of Steak and Green Bean Stir-Fry with Ginger and Garlic; Grilled Pork Chops and Vegetable Gratin with Caper-Parsley Vinaigrette
• One-Pot Wednesdays: Flavorful dishes with minimal cleanup of Chicken and Chorizo Paella; Rosemary Salt-Crusted Pork Loin with Roasted Shallots, Potatoes, Carrots, and Parsnips
• Thrifty Thursdays: Yummy meals on a budget of Sliders with Red Onion Marmalade and Blue Cheese; Roasted Cauliflower, Broccoli, and Pasta Bake with Cheddar
• Five-Ingredient Fridays: Fun, fast recipes to kick off the weekend of Grilled Harissa Lamb Rack with Summer Succotash; Seared Scallops and Peas with Bacon and Mint
• Dinner Party Saturdays: Extraordinary dishes to share with Family & Friends of Asian Crab Cakes with Mango Chutney; Mushroom Ragout on Creamy Grits
• Family Supper Sundays: Comforting, slow-simmering food for relaxing around the table with Southern Fried Chicken; Barbecued Spareribs with Apple-Bourbon Barbecue Sauce
And remember sweet treats such as Peach and Almond Cobbler and Olive Oil Cake with Strawberry-Rhubarb Compote. Loaded with enticing photos, What’s for Dinner? will inspire you and bring confidence to your kitchen and happiness to your table.
DATE & TIME: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 at 7:00 PM
LOCATION: Unity Temple on The Plaza, Sanctuary, 707 W 47th Street, Kansas City, Missouri 64112
ADMISSION PACKAGE: $35.00 plus Kansas Sales Tax includes One Hardcover of What's for Dinner?, One Stamped Autographing Admission Ticket and One Guest Ticket (if needed). If you would like to Pick-Up your Admission Package at the Door of this Event, then in the "Shopping cart" go to "Checkout" and in "Store Pick-Up Options" Check the Box to "I would like to pick this Order up at the Store" and at the bottom of the webpage in the "Order comments:" Field, type that you would like "At-Event Pick-Up." Your Order will be held by your Name at the Will Call table. The cut-off time for Online Ordering is 2:00 PM on the Day of the Event. Space permitting, Admission Packages will be available for Walk-In's at the Door on the Day of this Event beginning at 6:00 PM. PLEASE NOTE: The Publication Date of this Book is April 9, 2013. Orders placed before that Date will be processed, and will be available for In-Store Pick-Up on or after April 9, 2013.
EVENT FORMAT: Chef Curtis Stone will be In Conversation with Vivien Jennings, Founder & President of Rainy Day Books, Inc., to discuss his New Cookbook What's For Dinner? followed by a Booksigning. A Stamped Autographing Admission Ticket is required for the Booksigning. Tickets are sequentially numbered in the order they are purchased.
YES, WE SHIP AUTOGRAPHED AND INSCRIBED BOOKS WORLDWIDE! Order an Author Autographed Book using the link below. When requested, we ask Authors to inscribe Books. Please use the "Inscribe To" field below if you would like this option. While we cannot guarantee that the Author will inscribe your Book, we will make every effort to fulfill your request. Your Order will ship within a Day or two of the Author Event. All Books are packed in bubble wrap and shipped in boxes. International customers, E-mail Mailbox@RainyDayBooks.com for a shipping quote. We ship using United States Postal Service International Priority Mail.
DISCLAIMER: All Author Event sales are final and non-refundable. Kansas Sales Tax is charged on all Orders, regardless of destination. Unless otherwise indicated, Authors will only sign Books purchased from Rainy Day Books accompanied by a Stamped Autographing Admission Ticket. Additional Signed Books are available for purchase at our Author Event.